Friday, January 31, 2014

Just Under the Wire…



As usual, if I meet a commitment at all, it’s at the last possible minute with the least possible effort. It even seems if something gets on my To-do List, that’s a death sentence. I’ve actually found a ten year old list that I can grab now and still do things on it.

Okay, maybe it’s not all that bad, but looking back over seventy years of procrastination, I’m settling on Executive Function Disorder and Oppositional Defiance Disorder along with my ADD (sometimes I wish I had the “H” part) at least I’d have the energy to do things.

Wow, this is turning out to be a sob story with no resolution in sight. If I have any excuse, it’s this: I’ve been sick all this week. I’ve got something of a wicked cold that really wants to be something else. Hopefully, it won’t get to be.

Hopefully, I’ll get to feeling better and once again swear to turn over a new leaf. Done that innumerable times in all these years. And I’ll probably do it again.

Wait! Gotta stop to take care of a sneezing fit. Now I gotta blow my nose. This is gonna be one short blog post. All I really want to do is go lie done, dive under the covers and wait for dawn to break. Hope it doesn’t break too hard.

Ouch, that was bad. At least I did a better job on my Twitter Haiku-a-day-a-thon for January. Maybe that one ought to continue in February – not sure about this one.

BTW – a word of advice: don’t write your blog post when under the influence of everything you can take for sinus congestion. I’m sure I’ll regret this post tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment