Sunday, September 1, 2024

“Let It Rain”

 

September  2024 Blog


Raindrops, Keep Falling: A Haiku

The gentle drops of

Rain upon my head comfort

Me with their coolness.

by Ann Wilmer-Lasky

(8/30/24)

 

I’m not wet; I’m refreshed. For the first time in months, the day dawned cool, gentle raindrops fell, and the temperature didn’t reach a hundred-plus degrees.What a relief!

I will soon be able to sit outside and write again. Something I have not been able to do the last couple of summers.

As I understand it, this summer will be the hottest on record, breaking the recor made just last year. I sense a frightening trend here, and I see no worldwide effort to do anything about it.

While people are at war with one another worldwide and country-wide, the Earth is heating up to a dangerous point – or has that point already been reached and no one wants to tell us that we are truly doomed?

That wouldn’t surprise me one bit. There’s so much that we aren’t told but find out much later. Much later in this case woud probably to too late.

I would love to see the next administration concentrate on coming up with a worldwide plan to save the Earth from overheating to the point all life on Earth becomes extinct. We have no place to go. Those Sci-Fi scenarios of rocket ships to populate other planets made habitable by terra-forming just have not come true yet. What is true is that we (the people) are heating up the planet beyond its capacity to compensate and recover.

All of us who are “crying in the wilderness” hope someone in some position of authority will hear and comprehend. Maybe my “Global Warnig: Climate In Crisis” will help a tiny bit. Maybe others will catch on, and there will be a ground swell of people clamoring for change. I can dream, can’t I?


“Global Warning: Climate in Crisis” available from Amazon at: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08KWQ6SHK/

A $1.00 donation for each book sold will be made to an environmental cause. #ClimateCrisis #ClimateEmergency #SaveOurPlanet

In the meantime, I will continue to write what I feel and love and try dwelling in one of the cool places in my fiction.


As always, I welcome your reactions and responses to any of my blogs. I love to hear from my readers. Also, here are links to my Amazon, Twitter and Facebook pages, if you care to share your thoughts with me there or look for any publication announcements.

amazon.com/author/annwilmerlasky      




https://twitter.com/awlasky

https://www.facebook.com/ann.wilmerlasky

It is now September and it seems the 100+ days are behind us for the rest of the year. It also means the year is two-thirds gone Only four months left to “get ‘er done”. I’m working on it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. And dream away!! You have been screaming about our climate problems for a very long time. Maybe soon someone will finally listen.
    It may not be too late but change must come soon! Preach, my friend, preach...

    ReplyDelete