Monday, June 3, 2024

“End Game”

 

June  2024 Blog


Culmination: A Haiku

I have begun so

Often, I have forgotten

That I must finish.

by Ann Wilmer-Lasky

(5/30/24)

 

Even Michelangelo eventually finished the Sistine Chapel. My seeking out new beginnings has now come to an end. It is now time for finishings. I need to start finishing all the projects I have started and virtually abandoned.

They lie, chained in their dungeon, begging for their release and freedom. My main problem right now is deciding on precedence – do I tend first to the loudest screamer, or do I set free the longest dundeion dwellers. More than likely, I’ll choose a combination or just throw darts.

I have never been a good finisher. I was a real estate agent a long time ago, but that didn’t go well. I couldn’t ‘call the question’ – that is close the deal. I’m also much better at writing than at selling my wares. But at least the finished ones are out there to share with the world. All my projects deserve the same, but the birthing process is painful every time. However, I do believe the offspring are worth it.

I have problems completing a lot of things besides my creative projects. It’s like that old toilet humor joke: It’s not over until the paperwork is done.” That’s me – I drop the ball with the paperwork part.

It’s kind of worked out through the years; I’ve had plenty of time and managed to catch up occasionally, but now the years are catching up with me. I no longer have a broad stretch of time in front of me to do all I want to de before...

Perhaps, tying up the loose ends before that seems morbid, but I’d rather not leave a lot for my daughter to take care of when that time comes.

Besides, I would love to enjoy the fruits of even more of my labors while I can. I find there’s not much joy out there to go around these days. I would find great satisfaction in giving pleasure and enjoyment to my readers out there.

So there it stands, I will now start to finish, and Im really looking forward to it.

As always, I welcome your reactions and responses to any of my blogs. I love to hear from my readers. Also, here are links to my Amazon, Twitter and Facebook pages, if you care to share your thoughts with me there or look for any publication announcements.

amazon.com/author/annwilmerlasky      



https://twitter.com/awlasky

https://www.facebook.com/ann.wilmerlasky

It’s now June and the weather is still too hot. Already looking for more days of 100+ temps. Summer has arrived early. Anticipating a long and hot summer.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Start to finish...I absolutely love that...and finish you shall, looking forward to those books that have been started...
    My problem is clutter, I don't want to leave that for the kids but so hard to part with stuff you've kept for years, especially pictures...no one will care about any of my stuff once I'm gone, time to get rid of it!!
    It's got to be so hard for you to find time to write, too much other stuff going on in your life. Maybe answers soon will give you more time.

    ReplyDelete