Monday, March 1, 2021

Oops!

 

March 2021 Blog


Well that didn’t work!

 

Daylight: A Haiku

Sad – when the day shines

More brightly than I ever

Can hope to again.

by Ann Wilmer-Lasky

 

But then, it’s been a busy month – and short. And I’m not the brightest tack in the box lately – nor the sharpest bulb.

Most notably, I’ve had my second vaccine shot (Pfizer) and there were no noticeable side effects for either. One more week, and I should be immune.  My husband got his first (Moderna) and gets his second March 15th. By the end of the month, we can both breathe more easily.

Also, our county is out of our state’s red zone and into the yellow, so more businesses will be reopened. Hope our favorite restaurant, Peppers’s Grill and Bar, makes a comeback. They will be sorely missed if they don’t. They are an institution around here.

The audio version of “The Seasons of Sam Rock” is inching ever more closely to being released. And my narrator, Steven P. Hamm has expressed an interest in doing my “Black Oak” novels, starting with “Town of Joy”. He’s done a preliminary chapterm and it’s just great. It helps to have a talented actor as narrator.

The Sam Rock sequel is inching ever closer to publication. Found that I really like the story behind “Raven’s Roost”, so I’ve been saving the changes I was contemplating for a third Sam Rock novel on how he got kicked off the police force. Spoiler alert – it wasn’t all his fault.

I continue to write (and post to Twitter and Facebook) my daily Haiku. That’s 2,614 Haiku (at least) since Jan. 1, 2014. I’m still going strong, although I’ve considered quitting a few times. I always seem to manage to crank out just one more.

March heralds the coming of Spring, and I’m starting to consider Spring cleaning. I would love to see everything bright and shiny and free of any chance of harboring the Covid-19 virus. I think we all deserve a new start this year, and Spring is a great time for renewal.

Still not planning any trips, nor considering visitors. I feel it’s just too risky. Although I shouldn’t be able to contract the virus, there’s no guarantee that I can’t carry it from something or someone I’ve touched.

You know, that’s really hard for a little old lady who’s used to hugging people. Doubt we’ll even regain the habit of shaking hands anymore. So sad, to feel you shouldn’t touch someone you love.

Hope all my readers and writer friends are doing well and survived what has turned out to be a horrendous winter of vicious cold and storms. I thought we were going to get through the season with only global warming to worry about. Looks like I was wrong. However, it is nice that we have a renewal of concern for the climate change emergency we are faced with. Hopefully, we get the Covid-19 crisis under control, so we can concentrate on alleviating the world-wide crisis.

Always so much to think about. Where do we start? There’s global and domestic hunger and homelessness. Then, there’s world-wide and domestic terrorism. So much unrest and dis-harmony everywhere. Hopeful here, there’s solutions to be found for more than one of our problems.

In the meantime, I’ll keep writing, if not to illuminate, then to entertain and allow an avenue for some escape for at least a little while.

As always, I welcome your reactions and responses to any of my blogs. I love to hear from my readers. Also, here are links to my Twitter and Facebook accounts, if you care to share your thoughts with me there or look for my publication announcements:

https://twitter.com/awlasky

https://www.facebook.com/ann.wilmerlasky

Until next time, read and write to your heart’s content, all the while looking forward to enjoying our lives even more in the coming months. Let’s keep the faith.

Hard to believe that I have eleven books published, All are available on Amazon for your pleasure.

https://www.amazon.com/author/annwilmerlasky



 

 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. I really look forward to that Sam Rock sequel Ann. I miss those guys. Another reason to look very much forward to the rest of the year. Despite the horrors of the world, it just feels better then it did a year ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am working on it! Happy the first Sam Rock is now an audio book. I have high hopes for the rest of the year.

      Delete